Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hotel California

Before I go into my first full day of LA, I need to get something off my chest.

I would like to offically go on record that I am over the dada-esque hotel craze that Ian Schrager made so hot in the 90s. I'm staying at the Standard (Downtown, NOT on Sunset) and I'm just not into the bizarre factor anymore. For example, this was in a random corner in the side lobby:



Seriously. Why? Then I go into my room which has a horrendous grey and yellow theme--total ick. I'm getting serious anxiety from this color scheme. The bathroom is all glass so if you were staying with someone, they would see you do all your bathroom business. And speaking of bathroom business, this sticker was on the toilet paper:



Really??? That is just gross and stupid and unnecessary. Keeping with the theme of tasteless,the mini bar offers condoms with real graphic positions on the cover of the box (La Tour Eiffel? Mon Dieu!) Where am I Tokyo? Give me a bathroom with walls, non-offensive toilet paper stickers, and a plain box of Trojans any day. The bed is super cozy though and the rooftop is cool...so it's got that going for it.

Ok, next post will be summary of my lovely first day here. I'll end per us (yeah, I abbreviate usual now) with the song of the day, one that I feel should be playing in this lobby 24/7 to capture the true vibe here.

Song of the Day: Revolution 9, The Beatles, "Number 9, number 9, number 9....."

No comments:

Post a Comment