Monday, April 19, 2010

California

here we come.....Ok, I hope you you have "The OC" theme song in your head because I have had it in my head for 2 days now...

So first day. I went to the LA comedy film festival and had a great time. Then my friend took me to Sunset for a great lunch and then we went to THE Coffee Bean on Fairfax and Sunset where are the aspiring writers hang out. The coffee there is so good. We need them here in NY, along with In N Out of course.

Good story about me at the festival. I attended a panel in the morning with a bunch of comedians/writers. Most of the cast of Reno 911, some dude who created Malcolm in the Middle, the producer of Everyone Hates Chris and Laura Kightlinger (LK)--a comedienne I remember watching when I was younger on MTV. It was fantastic and they gave a lot of great insight about the process of getting your writing out there.

So, after the panel, the panelists were hanging around with fan stalking them. I was just waiting to go back into the theatre to watch the comedy clips. I was near LK and a girl next to me looks at me, then my name badge and said, "Laura Carlucci? Oh yeah, Laura was looking for you" and she shoves me towards her. Huh? Me? I didn't ask any mind blowing questions? Did she just see me and think how cute I was and assumed I had to be as funny? So confused!! She introduces herself to me and said, "Hi Laura, can you wait here for a second?" I was definitely not sure what was going on. Then she starts talking to Tom Lennon from Reno 911 and I am just standing next to her like why am I here right now? Did I win a studio audience prize? I'm nodding as if I am part of the conversation, you know, like obviously I am supposed to be there. Finally she is done and is turns to me and says, "Ok, let's go." I couldn't pretend any longer. I told her I had no idea what she meant. She looked confused and said, "Oh, I thought you were my driver. I was told a young blonde girl was going to pick me up." What???? What about me screamed driver to her? I was both offended and flattered at the same time (She did call me young after all). So with that, I told her that not only am I not her driver, but I can barely drive. And with that, she just walked off. Leaving me there with people looking at me weird. I guess that is LA for you.

Song of the Day: Drive, Cars, "Who's gonna drive you home tonight?"

1 comment:

  1. What a nerve. And...you want to move to L.A.. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete